Sep 21,2018 - Train
Good news for Indian Railways passengers travelling in Amritsar Shatabdi Express (12031/12032). The railways has replaced the existing train rake with the rakes just like that of Tejas Express. The Tejas rakes offer more comfort and luxuries and what acts as an icing on the cake is the fact that you won't have to pay an extra penny for it. Also, the new rake has 1092 chair car seats, up from earlier 938. This marks an increase of 154 seats. Thus, wait-listed passengers will have more chances to get a confirmed ticket. The economy class seats have also increased to 112 from earlier 92. The train now has 14 chair car coaches and two economy class coaches.
Though this arrangement is only for two months at present, the railways may replace the Shatabdi with the Vande Bharat Express in the future. However, that will also result in a slight increase in the fare. The first Vande Bharat Express is running between Delhi and Varanasi.
The railways had conducted a trial between Delhi and Sonipat before putting the rake into the commercial service. Some of the key features of the Tejas Express coaches are:
* Bio-vacuum toilets (less water consumption and hygienic)
* Water level indicators
* Touchless Water Taps, Soap dispenser
* Marble finish Anti-graffiti coating
* Hand dryers
* Comfortable leather seats
* Automatic entrance plug type doors (provides better sound and heat insulation, can be controlled by Guard panel)
* Secured gangways (reduce sound levels, dirt, sand, water ingress, increase passenger safety & Comfort, energy efficiency, elegant design)
* Electro Pneumatic Air brakes
* Fire & smoke detection and suppression system.
* CCTV cameras for security
* GPS based Passenger Information Display System
* Redesigned backrest with higher height
* Redesigned armrest
* LED TV with Touch Control for each passenger (with recorded content, can be upgraded to Live TV)
* Provided with USB charging facility
* Tea and Coffee vending machines
New Delhi-Amritsar Shatabdi Express has a total of 8 stoppages including New Delhi and Amritsar. The train stops at Ambala Cant Jn, Rajpura Jn, Ludhiana Jn, Phagwara Jn, Jalandhar City, and Beas while running in both the direction.